Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Painting in Photoshop

Hello boys and girls,

I doubt anyone still reads this blog, but I like to post things now and again.  It has always been a goal of mine to pain in photoshop.  Everything I have ever done within the medium was purpose driven.  Make advertisement, copy reality, create armor, but now, damnit, I am going to paint.  So, I put a small post on the forum which I will be monitoring with ideas for wallpapers.  I will be stealing bits and pieces from them to work on painting, and hopefully when I am done, the result will be pretty and functional.  I think photoshop is a great tool, it allows you to undo, layer, and add all sorts of effects, at the same time, I hate the medium because you can undo, layer, and add all sorts of gross effects.  I was drawn to art, pen and ink specifically, as an exercise in perminancy.  Things happen, and how we react to those things is where the magic occurs.  To simulate this as best I can, there will only be two or three layers utilized in this project to keep me rolling with the proverbial punches.  Here is a wip of where I am so far, just kinda feeling things out.

Points if you recognize this fellow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment