Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Learning to Model

I have decided to teach myself how to model.  I literally just started a few minutes ago, and this is where I am.

 I am not going to try and tell you that I spent tons of time learning the ins and outs of the program.  Frankly, I made the basic form here quite accidentally by trying out different tools that came with the program.  Now the project is starting to take shape, and I am going to try and make an eerie face out of it.  I will be learning a few different aspects of the program.  I will be able to generate my model, develop diffuse, normal, and specular maps on a pixel by pixel basis, and hopefully animate the project.  If anything needed to be sacrificed it would be the animation.  Check back here to see any sort of progress.  When this is complete I will be working on arms and armor, or if it makes good enough props perhaps doing some unique mergers of people and arms and armor.

I tried to import some PoP assets into the program and found that the scale in comparison was tiny.  An entire helmet could easily fit into the tip of one of those spikes coming off the back of the head.  I need to learn about object scaling and and conversion into other types.  More on that, much much later.

A few more minutes passed, spent time learning how to add and subtract to make the difference in the eyes and nose prominent.  I also spent some time defining the shape of the face and jaw line.

No comments:

Post a Comment